The Startup Leadership Program (SLP) is a highly selective, world-class training program for outstanding founders, leaders, and innovators who want to become top startup CEOs. SLP Fellows (participants) have founded nearly 300 successful startups including ixigo, Innoz, Momelan, Runkeeper, SideTour, Shareaholic, Ubersense, Savored, Voicetap, and many others, which have collectively raised more than $370M in funding.
SLP believes in training its fellows through the use of simulations, case studies, high quality speakers, and in-depth boardroom-like discussions of startup questions from founders and CEOs. In addition to the learning experience, entrepreneurs become part of a lifelong global community of successful and talented fellows, experts, advisors and investors, who can help them every step of the way.
- 23 cities with SLP chapters in 9 countries
- 900+ Fellows in the program
- 700+ startups
- $370MM raised
- 63% of Fellows have graduate degrees (Masters, MBA, MD, PhD)
- 90%+ of Fellows have Engineering + Science backgrounds
- 50%+ of Fellows graduated from Ivy League-equivalent institutions
- Fellows published in 542 publications
- 313 patents pending
Sampling of SLP Startups
- ixigo.com – India’s Kayak.com. Finalist for Red Herring Magazine Global 100 + business Today 10 Hottest Startups to Watch (Delhi)
- RunKeeper – #1 fitness app on iPhone – millions of downloads + TIME Magazine Top 10 iPhone Applications of 2009. The defacto platform for fitness (Boston)
- Shareaholic – #1 browser tool for sharing – 5 million downloads + A reach of over 200 million users (Boston)
- Started in 2006 in Boston by Anupendra Sharma (VC in Lifesciences, BITS Pilani alum) and Puran Dang (Entrepreneur, IIT Kharagpur) with 7 Fellows
- Vision: To train the next generation of startup CEOs through a world-class curriculum, access to mentors and funding, and an active global network of Fellows.
- The philosophy of the way the school is run was inspired by the John Wood, Founder of Room to Read. The Fellows build and run the “school” and have a big say in the education process. This is what creates a passionate sense of ownership in the program.
- Startup Leadership has grown to 23 cities and 900 Fellows in 6 years.
SLP™ is not a bootcamp. We want our Fellows to be the world’s best-trained Startup CEOs when they complete the program and try to create an advanced, personalized learning experience. Our faculty is a mix of Entrepreneurs, VCs and Specialists, as well as our Fellows. Every year, thanks to innovative ideas and feedback from Fellows, our curriculum improves by leaps and bounds, always staying relevant and cutting edge. Here are some aspects of our curriculum which we aim to deliver mostly simulations, exercises, HBS cases and direct individual feedback, and in rarer instances, through talks and panels.
Program schedule (India)
The program is six months long with 10 classes in total. Classes in India are day-long classes. All classes are held on Saturdays (9 am-5 PM) The program begins on September 1 and ends on February 28.
Your Age: We do not record age information, but we believe our youngest Fellow was 22 and oldest was 40 when they joined. The median group falls between 20 and 30 but we don’t have any way of knowing for sure.
Your Sector: Technology, Lifesciences, Clean Tech, or Social Enterprise
Your Experience: A record of leadership and achievement (not necessarily in a startup), visible passion for SLP and actions that indicate you will participate in our community
Your Aspiration: A clear indication that you either founded or run a startup, are an innovator or an idea generator who would like to turn an idea into a company, or are a VC who wants to be closer to entrepreneurs.
For more information visit www.startupleadership.com.